Spring 2013 Banquet Chair Job Description
- Program Coordinator of Youth for Christ (YFC)
- Hours needed vary but increase as the banquet approaches. Weekly commitment might be up to 15 hours, but also can be as low as 5 hours. Weekly contact with Program Coordinator and community organizations/churches. Completely flexible and based on volunteer’s schedule.
- Extensive orientation and tour of YFC with Executive Director.
- National background check ran by YFC staff.
- Love for the ministry of Youth of Christ
- Has the gift of leadership, self- motivated, delegate tasks easily, well-connected to the community and communicates effectively.
Summary of essential job functions
- Banquet Chair will be responsible for connecting with and following up on relationships made with various organizations/churches for recruiting subcommittee chairs.
- The banquet chair oversees the entire banquet process by providing vision, leadership, and delegation for all subcommittees. Subcommittees TBD.
- Banquet Chair will be responsible for connecting with various organizations/churches to recruit attendees of banquet.
- Provided with much room for creativity in development of position based on applicant’s banquet vision.
- The Banquet Chair is responsible to work in conjunction with Program Coordinator of YFC.
What a ‘win’ looks like
- A win for the Banquet Chair position would be highlighted by a well planned and well attended Spring banquet that raises both awareness and funding for YFC’s mission. Various recruited community members would be working with the Banquet Chair so optimal creativity is involved. Throughout the process the Banquet Chair would feel valued as an integral part of the YFC team.
- All inquiries for this volunteer position, please contact Kerri Phillips at 585-256-5050ext14 or Kerri.Phillips@yfcRochester.org
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All
personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to
time, as needed.